City of Subiaco - Road, verge and footpath obstruction permits
iconSubiaco WA – 19.9˚
Mostly Sunny. Cool.

Road, verge and footpath obstruction permits

Road, verge and footpath obstruction permits

nullThis page contains information about road, verge and footpath obstructions and how to apply for a permit.

Any person obstructing a part of a public thoroughfare such as roads, footpaths or verges with equipment such as cranes, cherry pickers, ladders (some exemptions apply), mobile scaffolding, skip bins, excavation works and filming requires a permit. Obstructing parking bays with anything other than licensed vehicles also requires a permit.

Whatever the reason for a permit, approval is required prior to commencement to guarantee the utmost is done to ensure the health and safety of the community, as per the Activities in Thoroughfares and Public Places Local Law (PDF, 63KB). The approval process also ensures that any proposed work has a minimal impact on the public and businesses and that those who are affected are notified.

All photography/filming requests in the city should be directed to in the first instance.

Application form

Please note:

  • late applications will not be processed
  • five full business days are required for obstructions not involving any traffic management
  • ten full business days are required for applications which involve traffic management
  • applications will only be processed once all documents have been received.